Error 492 on Android Play Store Solution
The error 492 is experienced while trying to update or install an android application. This error could be frustrating especially if you do not know how to fix it or if you have no clue what might be preventing the app from installing.
I am going to explain what the error code 492 means, why it’s happening and what you should do to fix it.
What The Error 492 Means
The error 492 on Google play store is associated with insufficient storage for apps. Your attention should go to the device you have chosen for app storage (
SD card or Phone storage). Even though insufficient storage space is the most common culprit, there are a couple other reasons why the error 492 may occur.
- Insufficient storage.
- Corrupted cache file.
- SD card either has a corrupt file or is infected.
- An elf has sabotaged the app update process.
- Something wrong with Play store.
Fix 1: Restart Your Device
I don’t know why but restarting your phone may clear the error 492 for a while, but it may or may not come back later. Try restarting your phone to see if it works. If it does and the error pops back a few days later, you may want to look at the other options below.
Fix 2: Clear Your Cache
To clear the cache of your Google play store app. Go to Settings > Apps > Google Play store. Now click the button that syas “Clear Cache”, if the error persists after that, try “Clear Data” button.
Fix 3: Uninstall, Then Reinstall
This fix only applies to you if you are trying to update an app.
Uninstall the app completely, then reinstall it. If the error 492 prevents you from reinstalling, you would have to download the app manually (as an apk file) from the internet.
Fix 4: Format Your Memory Card
Your memory card may contain corrupt file (most likely in the storage folder of the app you are trying to update).
- First, scan your SD card for viruses (you may want to use a computer for this).
- Now you would want to copy over all the files that are precious to you to another folder on the computer.
- Format the SD card. (This would delete everything in it and make seem like a brand new SD card).
- Copy your precious files back into your memory card.
We are done here.
I hope I was able to point you in the right direction and help get rid of the stubborn error 492 on Google play store. Let me know in the comments 🙂