PS4: How To Deactivate All Devices On Your PSN Account
It is possible to disable or deactivate all Play Station consoles and devices on your PSN account.
To achieve this, you would need to login to your Playstation account from a computer web browser.
Note that you can only perform this action once every 6 months.
Deactivate All Devices on PSN
- Fire up a browser from your computer. Visit https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action
- Login to your Play Station account.
- Click on Account on the menu bar.
- From the menu on the left, choose Media and Devices.
- Next, you would see a count of all your connected devices and consoles. Click on the Deactivate All button beside the “Game” section.
- Next, you would be shown a warning message containing the following:
You are about to deactivate all devices on your account.
This action can be performed only once every six months.
To play games that were previously downloaded, you will need to activate a device from the [Account Management] menu on the device. Are you sure you want to continue?
- Choose “Yes”. All your connected devices would then be disconnected.
Deactivate Devices Using Console Deactivation Web Form
If for some reason you were unable to deactivate your devices from the Account Management screen, you can send your requests directly to a Playstation representative by filling out the Console Web Form.
The form requires that you provide the following:
- First name
- Last name
- Your email address (with which you can be contacted)
- Your PSN Login Email (The email address associated with your Play station Network account)
- Your PSN online ID (Your display name on PSN i.e your username)
- Serial number.
A Play station agent would review your details and then manually deactivate your devices for you.