How To Transfer Data From Old iPad To New iPad
How To Move Data From Old iPad To New iPad
If you have just purchased a new iPad Air or Retina iPad Mini, it is pretty easy to move all your data (contacts, sms, calendars, apps, multimedia) from the old iPad into the new one.
If you have been making and saving backups on either iCloud or iTunes, then the transfer process would be very much easier. Check out both tutorials below for iCloud and iTunes.
Move Old Data From Old iPad To New iPad Using iCloud
1. When you turn on your new iPad, you will be greeted with a welcome screen. Notice the slider at the bottom that says “Slide to set up”
2. Choose your preferred language from the list on the next screen.
3. Choose your country or region.
4. Now select your WiFi network and enter the password for it. If you do not have WiFi connectivity, select “Use cellular”, but note that this option only works if you bought an iPad that has cellular data connectivity. Also, not all data types can be restored with this option, that is why WiFi is the preferred connection type.
5. The next screen would ask if you would like to use “Location Services”. Read the complete description on that screen to understand what this feature means before you make your choice. You would need location services to use apps like Maps.
6. On the next screen, click on “Restore from iCloud backup”, then type in your iCloud login details when requested.
7. On the next page, you will be shown the Terms and Conditions. You have to agree to them to proceed.
8. Now you will be taken straight to iCloud where you will see all your saved backups. Just choose and click on the backup you want to restore data from.